Sunday, September 25, 2005

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner

One of the things that I really wanted when Tom and I were considering floor plans when we built our house, was an open foyer. I have always thought that they were just the most elegant things in the world. We narrowed our floor plan search only to models that had an open foyer and ended building our home with one. We also added hardwood floors, banister, steps and stained french doors at the entry to our study. Isn't it pretty??



I also secretly wanted an open foyer to be able to throw things down from the second floor and conversely to throw things up from the first floor. I had visions of sliding down the banister and nailing the kids on the head with their stuffed kitty cats. Besides the aesthetics of an open foyer, it just sounded like fun.

My daughter came to me one morning, beaking and beaking (that's what we call it when she's talking so fast and in her high pitched voice - she sounds like Beaker from the Muppets) about the fact that Jake had put one of her stuffed kitty cats in a window. I was a little intrigued because she seemed so upset. When she brought me to the window that her little cat was in, I just had to shake my head.

Yes, what you are witnessing is poor Olivia's little kitty stuck in the second story window of our open foyer. As the title of this post suggests, I'm surprised it took THIS long to happen. So, I decided to have some fun with it and put together a team of the strongest, most qualified members or our family that I could find.

Jake chose Pepee, Gold, Am and Snowball. Gabi chose Midnight, Baby and some other orange cat that I can't remember it's name. Olivia chose Sami, Punkins and Rascal. We nominated Pepee as the team captian because she is the stinkiest and meanest. We tied all of their paws together with elastic bands and then sent them through rigorous training to prepare them for the task ahead of them.

We put Gabi in charge of recovery during the attempts at rescue.

The rest of the pictures tell the rest of this story.

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Apparently, my son had his own agenda for our new open foyer. Maybe this time, he'll land one in the foyer chandelier!!

2 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

--Stuffed kitties everywhere. Looks like all the kids had fun in the end. :)

The Queen B said...

Well, it could have been worse...it could have been Gabi stuck in the window, then what would you have done!