Monday, November 13, 2006

Cruisin' Right Along

Nothin much happen' here.

My life is going at it's usual high paced rate. The hubby's flying more to keep up with the mortgage and new car payment. School keeps me occupied most days when I am here alone. The kids are having a much better year than last year. I think first and foremost they are settled here and we don't here to much about Cleveland. Their teachers seem to be more relaxed and focusing on adding more 'fun' stuff like Magic School Bus videos, Amazing Race (pre-viewed of course) - it's an amazing geography lesson, Candy Store, field trips, enjoying their homeschool learning center.

Work at Gymbo is the same old political crap. I love the people that I work with and working with the customers but can't stand the politics. I've made a very good friend out of that job though and that has to be kept in mind. We are both Gymbo addicts and have the same affinity for buying boutique clothes for our kids. We are constantly finding more and more things that we have in common - shopping and thrifting being a big one.

I am constantly trying to find time to do the mundane things of running this house. I find myself exhausted by the end of the evening and all I want to do is plop myself down in front of the TV and enjoy a good movie or Discovery Health special. Sometimes I plop myself down in front of the computer and just mindlessly eBay. But I find these things rewarding for me especially after putting in a long day schooling the kids, working and squeezing in those mundane chores during that time. Evening is my time to just sit and be. Be nothing, be lazy, be silly, be quiet, be left alone. And because of that desire to be left alone and quiet, I find myself getting out of touch via phone with those that I hold dearest. I want to be left alone and not be bothered and picking up the phone and holding a conversation, I have to think. Something that I try and avoid in the evening. I have to work on that though because it really is my only time to devote 100% of my attention to that person without being interupted by the kids.

So, I'm just chugging along. Looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday coming up. My youngest daughter is thrilled to see her cousins Steph and Steve and can't wait to meet her newest cousin Lexi. As she has put it, "I can't wait to see the babies together" (meaning her other cousin Camille). And for those of you who know my Gabi, you can say that in her Foo Foo voice. It will be a wild, crazy and LOUD time at my mom's house with the 19 people that will be attending the festivities. Yes, that's 19 people folks, it will surely make for an exciting day.

And now I leave you with some cool pictures before I bore you to death anymore.

3 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

We are so excited too. It has been 2 years & it is easy to see that your kids have changed A LOT! BTW, I love the pictures! You're jealous of the beach & I'm jealous of seasons. :)

Anonymous said...

It is sad that when I came to Gabi's quote I did say it in the Gabi voice. She is my Gabi Foo and you must be nice to her. No time outs for Gabi :) See you in a week!!

Anonymous said...

It is sad that when I came to the Gabi quote I did say it in the Gabi voice. She is my Gabi Foo and you must be nice to her. NO TIME OUTS FOR GABI FOO :) See you in a week. Don't forget the yellow bows.