Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's Deja Vu All Over Again

Ahh, gross! The similarities are freaking me out!! Today Olivia got her bandages removed from her finger. For those that didn't hear, she had surgery on it about 1 week ago to remove a cyst from her pinky finger. The surgery went well except for the waking up from anesthesia part. She had a real hard time but once she got a little sedative she was fine and ready to watch Lilo & Stitch on the Disney Channel and snuggle in mommy's arms. So when the doctor took the bandage off her finger, I was a little surprised at how much her finger looked like what mine looked like 18 months ago when I sliced it. Check it out:

and mine:

All I can say is yuck, yuck, yuck. She really is doing well. The doctor told her she has to stop babying her finger and start using it again. I have to remind her of that because she keeps forgetting. She is back to doing cartwheels around the house and running around with her siblings. Thank God kids are resilient. Cause mom had a harder time with this than she did.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Glad to hear that recovery is going well! Those pictures are almost as disgusting as when Joe had to get the gash in the back of his head stapled. Of course, it made matters worse when I told him we were going to remove them at home with a staple remover, but he felt better when I told him I was only joking.

Tell Olivia to get all better quickly!

Freckle Face Girl said...

She is such a trooper!