Monday, January 01, 2007

Random Thoughts

What a holiday it has been. Loud. Crazy. Hectic. Enjoyable. Heart warming.

My 89 yr old grandmother walks into the kitchen where we are all standing around chatting, looks at all of us, says, "MEOW!", and walks off.

I am glad the holiday is over. It is enjoyable when I am in it and I enjoy all of it but once it's over, it's over and it's time to move onto January.

My mom and granny spent this Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with us. It was definitely a treat and a new tradition. I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent together. It's been a very long time since I woke up Christmas morning with my mommy in my house.

My little niece turned one year 2 days after Christmas. We were able to spend Christmas evening with her and then run up to New York to celebrate her first birthday. What fun that was. She is definitely a joy to watch. I made a very special cake for her which took hours of work (thank goodness my mom was here to help).

Is it okay for me to discipline my children when on errands my 89 yr old grandmother, sitting in the back seat of our van with the kids, is poking them, blowing in their faces and growling at them, just to incite a riot??

I chose not to and just laughed inside.

Did I say that I'm glad the holiday is over?

Steph, I need a new theme for my blog, something snowy and white with snowmen would be nice?

We spent our New Year's Eve at First Night in Bethlehem where instead of watching a glass ball fall like in the big city, you get to watch a giant yellow PEEP fall to the ground. Bethlehem is the home of the Just Born company that makes those lovely marshmallow treats you get at Easter. We didn't stay for the demise of the PEEP but we enjoyed the festivities that the town provided. One of them was trying out the kids new ice skates that they got from Great Uncle Jim.

Gabi gained a new friend for Christmas. It is a purple, plastic ride on toy called a Roddy. This is how I found her and her Roddy this evening -

Notice the headphones and the blanket that is pushed into the dollhouse window to keep the poor animal leashed.

So, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May your 2007 be a new, fresh start!

No comments: