Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Keeping Up With the Jones'

. . . . well, not really but it could be taken that way. You see, we live in a "signature community". All the houses are brand new and most are the biggest models offered by the builders. So many of them have stone fronts, cosmetic dormers and three car garages. Both of our neighbors built in-ground pools last summer. Both also 'had to have' swingsets for their kids to play on.

And then there is our house. She has vinyl siding and just a 2 car garage, no stone front or cosmetic dormers and definitely, NO POOL. The community pool is just fine. I'll keep my backyard for playing soccer or baseball or to make huge snowmen in during the winter. So this summer, not to keep up with the Jones', but because I just wanted to do something for my kids, we bought them a swingset. Not one of those put together ones you buy at Home Depot or Wal-Mart or Sam's Club. Those you have to put together and my dh just isn't the handyman type. We bought a Rainbow Playsystems swingset instead. When I first decided I wanted to get a swingset for the kids, that name just popped up into my head. Thankfully they were having a huge sale so I was able to save a lot. It was delivered today and I think it's a hit!

No comments: