Sunday, May 04, 2008

Olivia, Olivia, Olivia


So, I just realized that the last few months I have posted alot about my little Olivia. Really, I do have 2 other children. I thought this picture, taken by Foo this weekend, was exceptionally cute of me and Liv. I also like it because I look mostly human and not like a taxi driver (that's the new hat I wear these days).

But really, the main purpose of this post is to share a picture of my other two darling children. And please don't ask me why my daughter had a bucket on her head.

That picture is of Jake playing catcher for the Mets, his baseball team. Both him and Gabi had opening day for teeball and baseball this past weekend. This is Jake's 3rd year with his baseball team. Next year he moves up to a different age bracket. What is amazing me is that this year, he is one of the kids I used to be frightened of when he first started playing a few years ago. He's one of those BIG kids now that used to make me cringe when Jake had to play those types of kids. These little boys would come up to hit the ball and when Jake had to return it to the pitcher, he would stand up and these little boys were just turning around and having to look up to this beast of a boy - my son!!!! Several times when Jake would hit and run to first base, the first baseman would get out of his way for fear of being pummeled! 9 out of the 10 players on Jake's team are 3rd year kids. Their first game was against a very young team and unfortunately for Jake the pitcher was his next door neighbor. When this kid was pitching to Jake, he had to control his laughter and smiles as they were both looking at each other. I wasn't sure who to cheer for and ended up cheering for both of them. The first time Jake batted he ended up getting a hit off the kid, I felt so sorry for the pitcher. But then, the second time Jake hit, that pitcher struck him out! I guess that's neighbor street justice for ya. We are looking forward to a great season this year. Jake's team actually has a chance at going to the playoffs. They won their first game and I hope there are many more like that!

No comments: