Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dead Stop

It's been a while. Things move along at lightening speed. First, I feel like I've done my new little niece such a disservice. I casually mentioned her several posts ago and have never shared anything about her or even a picture. I'm sorry little Rosemary Pearl. I know you are the second child but you are just as important as your older sister. To introduce as of January 28, 2008, little Miss Rosemary Pearl -

She's adorable. She's a skinny little thing, has long legs and arms and long fingers - just like her momma. I think she looks nothing like her sister. This one definitely has our genes from our side of the family. What a sweetie she is. And then there is her nutty sister!

And life continues to move at lightening speed . . .

Jake on the trampoline

Cousins at the Ft. Myers Miracle baseball game

Cousins

And when we get home from Florida, life continues to speed by . . . .

Olivia and her gymnastic buddies

And then, out of the blue, it comes to a dead stop. Some things happen in life that stop you dead in your tracks. Things that change your life forever. No turning back. No do-overs. The what-if's just don't matter. Trying to put the puzzle together is supposed to help but does it. Or does it just make it worse. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. The answers aren't coming soon enough. And it's even harder to think that some answers won't come at all. And then what do we do. What conclusions will we come to. What conclusions will help us get through this. What conclusions will make it all right in our minds, to give it meaning, purpose. What will we tell ourselves to keep sane. I just don't know right now. I just don't know. And I don't look forward to the time when I have to deal with it. Right now, I choose to put it away.

I found out on Tuesday night that my dad's wife, Pam, had died.

My life will never be the same.

No comments: