Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!!

Huh, another year. Another year to make me feel older. Another year to try again. Another year to screw up. Another year to make us closer. Another year to be thankful. Another year to love each other. Another year to watch us grow. Another year to count our blessings. Another year to wish for more.

Did anybody else have a problem staying up late last night?? Let me tell you, I was dragging my feet. I was reminiscing with my husband about all the things we USED to do on New Year's Eve. Board games, movies, cards, darts and then out to breakfast and probably bowling. I used to last until 3 or 4 a.m. My husband would just pull all nighters with his friends - I could never make it that far. You have to understand that I've been spending New Year's Eve with him since we were dating - 13 years ago. His dad used to be up until very late cooking homemade pizzas. I can still remember him standing in the kitchen, sweat rolling down his bald head, sweatband across his head trying to sop up all that sweat. He'd be torturing me with dangling anchovies, trying to get me to taste one solo. I never did it. He did however teach me to each them on pizzas. He has passed now and has been for 9 years. That memory is fresh in my head. Of him on New Year's Eve, playing with the salty fish.

No comments: