Thursday, January 13, 2005

Pinky to God . . . .

This would have to be my first post in which I'm going to vent. Sorry for those it offends. Let me start by saying that I am a veteran of financial woes. I've lived with it and bore the brunt of them since I was 11 years old. But the one thing I've always been able to say is that the bills were always paid and our heads were always above water. My one question for you God, "When will it end?" Just a simple answer with the date and time would be nice, nothing fancy, I'm not picky.


After Sept. 11, and due to those events, my husband was basically forced to take a lesser job, he was still working but took a major paycut. We have estimated that over the last 3 years, he has lost about $75,000. Well, wouldn't you know that he basically got his old job back this past month.
"Yippee!!" I say,"Now I can pull myself out of this financial hole I've been forced into!!"
"Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!" says God.
Because of my husband's job move, the new company that he works for hasn't been able to figure out how to pay him. So, in the middle of December, they shorted us about $1,000 - couldn't pay the bills. That's okay, we had just received back pay from his old company and that would more than take care of it. Jan.1 - same old beginning of the month pay from his old company. AND an added bonus - the new company paid us what they forgot to pay us in the middle of December. EVERYONE WITH ME . . . So, I ask my husband to give me his best guess as to what I should expect as payment in the middle of January - his guess was more than we would need to pay the bills. Sweet, I think - I now have this added bonus that I really don't need. What should I do with it? Shall I go out and by myself a new palm pilot, laptop, DVD player, TV, Expedition?? No, I'm going to be responsible and pay of 2 credit cards - not PAY DOWN, PAY OFF!! So, I did.


"Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!" says God.
Remember the paycheck you were expecting in the middle of January?? Let's just cut that by $1,000. Got enough to pay your bills now??

NO!!!

What can I say? I have a sense of humor. I have thick skin. But I think what I've lost is patience. I'm tired of waiting to be given a break. The Lord tells us to be good stewards of His money. Um . . . .am I missing something here! Isn't trying to claw my way out of debt being a good steward?? WHAT THE HE**!!! My dad always said that instead of the middle finger, one must give the pinky finger to those that don't deserve the very best (my dad is grinning ear to ear right now). Well . . . . PINKY TO GOD!!

2 comments:

The Queen B said...

Okay my dear one...that sucks, no platitudes, it just sucks. Now I think God needs to create His own blog in which He should title His post "The suckiest God award goes too..." Worst case scenario you, the kids and Tom can move in with Derek and I...it might be a little desperate for space but we can make it work!! Hang in there and know I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Jenn
Lordy Lordy do i feel your pain...My mom always told me good things come to those who wait...and nice girls always finish last. What do i have to wait till the day i die to have something good happen? I used to believe her but I have waited, and waited AND WAITED...HMMM STILL NO GOOD THINGS... i mean i guess i do have a roof over my head... and my house wasn't ripped away by a wave but it is not my own. I cant afford to move out of my dads house, yes i am 29 and live with my dad...out of the 5 guys that have loved me...one is 18 lol possibly gay...one is 22 and after i realized i had feelings for him back he tells me he doesn't give a f@*$ about me nice huh? another 22 year old who happend to be my sisters boyfriend...great huh my sisters boyfriend tells me he has feelings for me. finally the older more mature guys. one is about 31-32 and engaged yes he confessed his love to me. What do i look like a home wrecker or something? I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A MAN THAT HAS A GIRL PEOPLE single guys only please (figured if i voiced it out loud maybe the cosmos will send out the message.) lastly the one that is my age. That i love as well, he possibly loves me back, but the catch 22 is both of us have been hurt to much to be able to tell the other one how we feel... so pretty much we both sit back and wait for the other to make the first move. plus i wonder does he really like me back? maybe i just think he does, i have been wrong before and pretty much cut to the core...um maybe i should have just blogged my self today lol... sorry i wish i could tell you it would get better. Hopefully one day we will be blessed beyond what we can fathom!? and all this crap we are dealing with will be a distant memory.
Melissa...