Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fun in the Sun

Another fun filled February in Florida. Hey, is that a tongue twister!! We had so much fun and to make it even better, my sister and her family shared it with us. Of course, the funniest part about her family is my Little Prissy niece. How could I resist her big smiles, slimy wet kisses, sleepy eyes and all around chubbiness?? I was privileged to be able to witness some of her firsts - swimming in the pool, sticking her little chubby toes in the ocean (Gulf of Mexico), feeling the sand on her face for the first time, looking at her little chubby legs in all her summer outfits, her first ride on a boat. And if you think this is all about Camille, I also enjoyed watching my kids be free and turn into water rats. They live in the pool and my little Gabi learned to swim half the length of the pool to her Pop Pop. My dad has taught all three of them to swim and had them swimming by the time they were 4 or 5. Gabi is right on target. Our days at the beach have also become much longer than in the past. I actually have to drag them all off these days after 3-4 hours or digging, throwing, constructing and now they've learned to also enjoy my most favorite part, just sitting and watching life go by. Of course, it's only for about 5 minutes but it's the thought that counts. The pictures speak better than this post.

Watching Life Go By

Sisters and Cousins


The Fam on Captiva Island


Photo Taken by Gabi


Bathing Beauties


Gabi Finally Gets to Touch a Manatee


Don't you just wanna kiss those chubby cheeks??

1 comment:

Freckle Face Girl said...

There is nothing better than a fun warm vacation during the winter. Of course, I haven't expreienced that in a long time. I'd like to try the snowy vacation during the hot winter. :)