Monday, February 19, 2007

Finally


Finally.

The cold has finally gone up north where it belongs.

I've been to two different outlet malls.

I've been to a swamp.

I've visited the Manatee Park and actually for the first time, actually seen a manatee. They only come to the park when it is cold.

I've worn all the cold weather clothes I brought with me. And even washed them once so I could wear them again.

My kids have worn every jacket, capri, pant and even long sleeved outfits that I have brought them. And they have been washed once and then worn again.

Olivia wore her winter hat, winter jacket and spring jacket to the Edison Festival on Saturday.

But it finally came. The warmth. I'm not saying it's roasting and to native Floridians, it's cold. But we can at least go to the beach to play without wearing our winter gear. The kids have been dying to dig and construct and that's just what we gave them today. Olivia has been dying to wear some of her summer digs and break out the sandals and flip flops. I'm glad I could finally oblige her.



No comments: