Saturday, November 13, 2004

It's Saturday and I was supposed to be in bed all day. My cats had other plans. Why is it that my cat thinks it's funny to jump on my head first thing in the morning? And how is it that they know that I'm awake?? Most of the time I don't move so they'll leave me alone. But, I open one eye and one of my furry friends is always there. If they're not in bed with me, they are curled up on the floor right next to the bed waiting for me to step on them. I NEVER get a minute alone - if it's not my kids, it's my cats!!! At least I know I'm loved, right??

It's already past noon and I've been planted in front of the computer since I got out of bed. I did take 20 minutes to enjoy a hot shower (without my cat sitting on the sink MEOWING at me). I keep telling myself that after the long week I've had that it's okay to just sit for hours and do nothing. I'm very much like my mom in that I can't just sit still and do nothing. I think I have ADD or something. I've started to think about what I'm going to do with my weekend off starting next Friday - number one is sleep in and number two is shop, shop, shop for me, me, me. You know, take the time to actually try something on in the dressing room without having to drag a stroller and two other complaining kids in there. Actually, my kids love to shop and do very well when mommy tries things on. They also very willingly give there opinion about what they like on me and what they don't . I guess that comes from training - they've been shopping with me and MADE to enjoy it since they were born. Some things they just don't have a choice in. Anyway, it will be much more peaceful in the dressing room without them. And the third thing I'm going to do is go get a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed. Liz says it doesn't hurt. I'm going to kill her if it does.

My stomach is asking for food and since it's 12:30 now, I better give in and go eat.

2 comments:

The Queen B said...

It is not that bad, the eyebrow waxing...if you can stand plucking, you can stand waxing..Lizzy IS right on this one!!

Anonymous said...

It hurts...when I went to have it done, I didn't tip the woman who did it because I figure if she has the fun of ripping hair off someone's face, she doesn't need a tip! It must be a better job than "Meter Maid" for getting out your aggressions! It hurts less than plucking, but Ouch...