Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My nerves are shot and my patience has worn out. I have a sinus infection and it has hit me like a MAC truck. My immune system was already compromised before this infection from all the stress of the last few months - my father's new diagnosis, the revelation that my two girls had been passed on my husband's genetic cancer disorder and to top it all off my mother's newly diagnosed uterine cancer and immediate total hysterectomy. Is that enough? And I wonder why my body is responding with chills and total exhaustion on top of a headache that won't quit. Today was just awful. I feel like I"m in survival mode just trying to get through until Saturday. Thank God Tom is home in the mornings to get the kids breakfast and back in the early evenings to get them bathed and put to bed. I don't think I'd make it through otherwise. I have just two more days this week and then can take all day Saturday to catch up on some most needed sleep. Remember, Em, it's your day off - November 13 - you penciled that day in. And my day off - or should I say days - will be next Friday until Sunday. Tom is taking the kids to his mom's house and giving me a much needed break in my home. What will I do?? I have to carefully plan and just might do nothing. Hummmmm???????

No comments: