Sunday, November 21, 2004

After surviving my near cheat with death, I had a great weekend. The SPA was fabulous and the eyebrow wax wasn't as bad as I thought! Actually, (actually), the waxing part was great compared to the PLUCKING part. Thanks for warning me about that part. But, my eyebrows look exquisite and I'll probably be going back or trying to venture out and do it myself. The facial part of my afternoon at the spa was the most relaxing thing I've done for myself in a long, long time. I could have fallen asleep on the table and found myself peeling my body off that table when it was time to leave. I think that too needs to be done more often - the facial that is. After I woke up a little bit and was able to drive, I took myself over to my favorite shopping spot, Beachwood Mall, and checked out their newest extravaganza, Legacy Village. This place is so upity (I don't even think that is a word), that the sidewalks are heated!! Most of the stores there I don't even recognize. There is one though that I did drive all the way out there for - Cheesecake Factory - yummmmmmmm!! It was great to eat by myself, watch people, read the menu from front cover to back -ask me anything about the menu and I could probably tell you. I felt totally spoiled as I not only had a waiter but a waiter in training!! I had too men serving me!! That's how it should be, right?? Don't worry Tom - no need to be jealous! After that, I hit the mall and stayed as long as I possibly could. It was great to just window shop and not have to listen to, "How many more stores till we can leave?" asked about 100 times! Then, off to Crocker Park, just to check it out. That is the West side of Cleveland's answer to Legacy Village. I'm glad I'm not paying that tax bill over there in Westlake! I was disappointed in the amount of stores that hadn't opened yet, so I just drove around. It was beautiful and everything was all lit up - including the Christmas tree ( a little to early for that?). My Sunday was spent just hanging out, answering long overdue emails, watching Lifetime chic flics and staying in my p.j.'s. I need these self indulgent weekends every once and a while. It's important to pamper me on occasion. I spend so much time and so much of me taking care of my husband and my kids, that sometimes I get lost in the shuffle. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and my family and being a stay at home mom. It is a dream come true. I saw at an early age what it feels like to have a mom be overworked and the kids have to pick up the rest of the slack. I never wanted that for my family or my kids. I'm glad to have a loving and supportive husband to help keep my on an even keel. I strongly believe that I can't be a great mom, wife or person without taking care of my needs first once and a while. So, kudos to my husband for giving me this great opportunity this weekend.

No comments: