Friday, March 18, 2005

Goodbye Baby Jonhsy #1

I have to tell you that I held out hope as long as I could. I didn't want to believe that you were actually gone and that we would never have a chance to meet you. We will always remember you and that you were the first.


And to your mommy - I can't imagine what you are going through. I never even entertained the fact when I was conceiving my own children that they wouldn't make it. I took it for granted that when I got pregnant, I stayed pregnant. I remember those feelings of elation when we found out for the first time. All those dreams of finally getting the one thing that I have wanted since I was a teenager - being a mommy. And now those dreams just got ripped from their existence for you. How painful that must be. No pregnancy will be easy for you now, you will always wonder, always doubt, always see the glass half empty. I wouldn't blame you. But, as I'm sure you've seen, you're not the only one. That shouldn't make it easier or lessen the pain you feel but it should at least make you feel surrounded with hope. Hope that others, your close friends, have been through this and ultimately, in the end, have been able to fulfill their dreams - the same dream you and I possess. Be patient, little one, your time will come. I love you.

No comments: